Artworks and Jewelry by Mary Beth Heishman

Sketch Book Diaries

Monday, April 16, 2012

Essential Arts

"The arts are not just a nice thing to have or to do if there is free time or if one can afford it.  Rather, paintings and poetry, music and fashion, design and dialogue, they all define who we are as a people and provide an account of our history for the next generation."  - Michelle Obama

"I am certain that after the dust of centuries have passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for our victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit."  - John F. Kennedy

3 comments:

ElsaD said...

Hi dear! I just discovered your blog via Ex-Presso and became your follower...I just LOVE all your pieces! I'll be so happy if I get to win the give-away!

I'm also inviting you to visit my blog. Hopefully u can follow me too and stay in touch! xoxo

http://cafesocietyxxi.blogspot.com/

LESAPEA MUSINGS said...

A new follower via Expresso. I loved both these quotes very much.

Lisa x

Mary Beth Heishman said...

Thank you @ElsaD and @LESAPEA MUSINGS